Sunday, February 23, 2014

Loose Skin

Question: Can loose skin be tightened?
Answer: I believe so.

The Why.
Skin is comprised of cells made up of elastic connective tissues, blood vessels, fibers and all sorts of components that can stretch or shrink. This is why we can end up with loose skin, and it depends on how the skin is treated.

The What.
Weight loss and pregnancy could be reasons for loose skin. Whatever the cause, loose skin can be unsightly and just get in the way. 

The How.
Okay here’s the important part. If your anxious to know how to tighten up that loose skin take notes now:
·      Hydrate. I say it a lot, but water is so good for the body. Water is an essential factor of maintaining skin elasticity. 
·      Moisturize. Exfoliate the loose skin area daily to eliminate dead skin cells in order to increase skin circulation. Sun damage and age degrade elastin so use a good moisturizer with SPF 15 or greater. It’s also said that vitamin E, and vitamin A can help to hydrate and increase collagen and elastin formation in skin when applied topically.
·      Eat Properly. Collagen and elastin keep skin flexible and plump. So it’s vital to eat protein-rich foods like fish, tofu, beans, seeds and nuts because they contain collagen and elastin forming components.
·      Lift Weights. This will fill the looseness in the skin, producing a visibly firmer look. So build muscle and maintain a reasonably low body fat percentage.

Continue to break down that body fat and use these tips to help that unsightly loose skin improve and tighten.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I believe it can be tightened as well. After a surgeon told me a tummy tuck was the only way I decided to prove him wrong. It's no 100% but I will not give up. With my fitness journey picking up I also see the difference. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me start off by saying you are amazing!!! I get sooo much of my motivation from looking at your pictures (lol). I was wondering tho, would you be able to compile your instagram videos together? Like if we want to work on legs, abs, cardio...? I have a hard time scrolling through past posts on specific areas when I'm in the gym or about to head to the gym.

    Thank You!
    Abra

    ReplyDelete