Monday, February 24, 2014

What’s your Joy In fitness?


I want to tell you what TheJoieInFitness is about and what it really stands for. I often talk about making lifestyle changes instead of temporary changes, and that is because fitness is imperative to living healthy for a lifetime. 

I've always been fit because I was athletic, but I wasn't always healthy. Exercise fights against and in some cases prevent illnesses. I found that most people were athletic when they were in school, it is after leaving school that they lose their reason for fitness. I also understand that life gets busy just with work and even busier if you throw in kids and have a family. So I came up with a way to motivate not only myself but also others to want to be fit. I remembered what brought me joy in life and turned it into fitness.

A lot of times people feel forced to go to the gym or don't want to workout because they look at it as work instead of something they enjoy. Find your happiness; find what I found in fitness, find YOUR Joie In Fitness and your excuses to workout should go from slim to none. 

What brings you joy? Do you like to dance in the mirror in your room to your favorite song? Do you like to swim? Do you like the beach? Take whatever you find joy in and turn it into fitness. Dance in the mirror to your favorite tunes for 30 mins or take a dance class and you just had a workout. If you’re at the beach walk along the shoreline for 30 mins and throw in a lunge every 10 steps and you just had a workout. So TheJoieInFitness is about turning something you love into something that will promote a healthy lifestyle.




If you enjoy watching a sport get friends together to play a game. You don't have to be professionals you just have to put in the effort and have fun with it and you found your Joie In Fitness
Basketball – Dodge ball – Baseball – Football – Volleyball – Tennis – Swimming -- Etc.  

 You’ll be surprised at how many things there are to do; I listed some more for you:

Riding your bike -- Roller-skating -- Roller Blading -- Pole dancing – Walking – Boxing -- Bikram Yoga -- Jump roping -- Skyzone (Indoor Trampoline Park) -- Aerobic classes – Hiking -- Rock climbing

However you choose to get into fitness, make sure it brings you Joy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment